1. “Racism doesn’t really exist” racism;
2. “You’re the real racist for thinking and talking about racism” racism;
3. “I don’t have a racist bone in my body” racism;
4. “It’s a class thing, not a race thing” racism;
5. “If black people want to get over racism, they need to stop segregating themselves” racism;
6. “I know what’s good for you better than you do” racism;
7. “I hate the NBA” racism;
8. “I’m not a racist; I’m a realist” racism;
9. “Look how cool and witty and ironic I am when I do this remarkably offensive thing” racism;
10. “Can you provide some evidence that the racist thing that happened was actually racist and not just happenstance?” racism;
11. “Let’s talk about diversity and have panels about diversity and invite the media to these panels about diversity but never actually make a real effort to be more diverse” racism;
12. “I know what happened was racist, but my feelings were hurt when you pointed it out, and we need to talk about my feelings instead of the racist thing now” racism; and
13. “I don’t think anyone is paying attention, so let me sneak this really racist thing in real quick, like a cheat day for my no-racism diet” racism.
14. “I have a black boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife, so I can’t be racist” racism;
15. “I had sex with a black person and that sex resulted in a black child, so I can’t be racist” racism;
Damon Young at The Root has posted an expansion on his list of Types of Post-Racial Racism, and we LOVE IT AND LIVE FOR IT. We've posted the first 15 below. Read the rest here.
Welcome to Womanist Expressions, brainchild of Caitlin Gunn and Kidiocus Carroll.